COACHING Is Practical, Immediately Applicable & Results-Oriented
Our A.D.D. Resource Center (ADDRC) Coaches work with high-functioning adults, adolescents and children to remediate those issues that negatively impact their daily lives, and explore ways to attain greater satisfaction, self-actualization and joy.
ADDRC COACHING for “Realistic, Do-Able Solutions!”
Benefits of Coaching
- Live a more productive, organized, stress and clutter-free life.
- Reduce frustration and anxiety.
- Deal with procrastination.
- Target meaningful career and life goals; set realistic strategies to achieve them.
- Increase your ability to prioritize, self-motivate and complete projects.
- Improve relationships.
- Enhance self-respect and clarity of purpose.
- Recognize your unique potential.
Coaching is hard work. I was considered successful, but knew there was something standing in the way between what I was and what I could be – both personally and professionally. My ADDRC Coach helped me to prioritize specific goals, develop strategies, and stick with an action plan. It worked! – J.G., NYC
TO SPEAK WITH AN ADDRC COACH, CALL 646-205-8080 or email email@example.com
IMPORTANT: The benefits of Coaching are usually immediate and measurable, beginning with the first session. It does, however, take time to develop and ‘own’ new habits and ways of thinking. It is important to realize that Coaching is not a substitute for appropriate medical treatment; nor is it a replacement for psychotherapy. In fact, the majority of our Coaching clients are referred by their doctors or therapists.
We Work On Your Issues- NOT Your Label
Coaching benefits most people, but is particularly helpful for coping with the subtle challenges presented by many neurobiological problems, including: Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Executive Functioning Disorders, Chronic Disorganization, Learning Disabilities, Difficulties with Motivation, Arousal or Sustained Effort, Chronic Underachievement, etc.
Our experienced ADDRC Coaches have a first-hand and comprehensive knowledge of these hidden disabilities. Most are Senior Certified AD/HD Coaches (SCAC). So, whether you have an official diagnosis, or just experience some of the myriad difficulties associated with AD/HD and related disorders, our goal is to give you the tools and know-how to succeed:
- Compensatory Strategies
- Education & Advocacy
- Structure & Accountability
- Motivation & Support
- Awareness & Acceptance
- Action Plans
Coaching Addresses Your Issues
These may be specific: a project that isn’t getting done, a career change that’s stalled, a disorganized office that’s overwhelming and unproductive, etc. Or your primary issues may be more general and pervasive, such as difficulty with time management, organization, communications, paperwork, and so on.
COMMON COACHING CONCERNS
- Productivity & Efficiency
- Time & Project Management
- Couples & Relationships
- Juggling Priorities & Goals
- Organization for Home or Office
- Professional Development
- Controlling Paperwork & Clutter
- Systems for Filing, Mail, Bills
- Study and Organizational Skills
- Quality of Life Issues
- Understanding Medication & Alternative Treatments
- Career-Related Counseling
- Strategies for Entrepreneurs & Business Start-Ups
- Communication & Social Skills
- Parenting Children with AD/HD
- Understanding ADD-AD/HD
Coaching Changes Your Patterns
Your ADDRC Coach helps you to develop specific and realistic ways to implement change in your life. Our focus is on success, as you begin to:
- Utilize new strategies – One definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.”
- Better understand the impact of AD/HD – What it is, and isn’t; what can be changed, what should be accommodated – and how.
- Reframe the problems – Consider issues from new perspectives, and so remove the unproductive albatross of guilt and regret.
- Benefit from the unique support and accountability of the Coaching relationship.
My Coach helped me find the courage to let go of the thinking that was limiting my options, and of the clutter that was limiting my life. – M.G., NYC
Coaching Is Tailored to Meet Your Needs
Our ADDRC Coaching sessions are typically 45 minutes, in-person or via phone, on a weekly basis. We encourage brief phone and email check-ins between sessions. Homework is utilized to help clarify recommended strategies, implement new directions and maximize time spent in-session. Coaching can be a one-meeting consult, but usually continues for several months. Many clients return as new issues arise in their lives.
Why Select The A.D.D. Resource Center Coaches?
We have been at the forefront of the movement to educate the public and professionals about ADD/ADHD. We recognized this wasn’t just a childhood issue, when the very existence of adult ADD was still in debate. We were pioneers in the early ADDult coaching movement, specializing in the unique challenges of adults with this disorder. We’ve continued to help inform and demystify, support and advocate. We have utilized the most effective coaching strategies and developed new techniques. The A.D.D. Resource Center has a proven track record of helping our clients succeed.
To speak with an ADDRC coach, call 646-205-8080 or use our contact form here. It goes straight to Hal Meyers’ desk!
- To provide adults, adolescents, children and families with results-oriented, practical help and guidance.
- To promote personal awareness and understanding of the myriad challenges of AD/HD and related disorders.
- To develop and teach systems, strategies, tools and techniques for mastering these challenges, and achieving one’s unique potential.
Harold ‘Hal’ Meyer, MBA, SCAC and Susan Karyn Lasky, MA, SCAC opened The A.D.D. Resource Center in 1991. The Resource Center was a natural outgrowth of work they had begun in 1989, as the founders and co-chairs of the New York City chapter of CHADD (Children & Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), the national volunteer-based organization. The solutions-focused Resource Center was designed to meet the growing need for individualized education, advocacy and specific skills training. Our Programs emphasize real-world skills, fusing our extensive business experience (as corporate execs, consultants and entrepreneurs) with our personal and professional understanding of AD/HD. The Center’s Instructors, Coaches and Consultants are carefully selected for their expertise, compassion, experience and communications skills.
Our Programs Include
- Adult, Adolescent & Family Coaching
- Parenting Classes & Support Groups
- Time, Project & Paper Management
- On-Site Organization
- Career Development & Managerial Skills
- Socialization Skills Training
- Study & Organizational Skills
- Case Management
- Programs for Corporations & Educators
- & More!
Coaching is considered educational in nature, and is not usually covered by medical insurance. Check with your accountant if you qualify to take Coaching as either a medical or professional deduction on your income tax. Some employers will support Coaching as professional education.
Coaching is an Investment in Yourself
The payback is a better quality of life, and often a larger paycheck and more satisfying relationships, plus increased energy, free time and greater self-respect.
Transform your life now!
To speak with an ADDRC coach, call 646-205-8080 or use our contact form here. It goes straight to Hal Meyer’s desk!
© 2006 – 2015, by The ADD Resource Center. All Rights Reserved.
To view HUNDREDS of articles and videos on ADD/ADHD, go to addrc.org