Please note that we list a number of pharmaceutical drug plans. We do not receive any compensation for listing them.
Optimizing Your Medications Harold Robert Meyer 10/3/2023
First and foremost, review all your medications with your doctor. Make a list of everything you take, including over-the-counter meds, supplements, and doses. Share any side effects. Your doctor can ensure medications are still needed and beneficial.
Check Expiration Dates
Check expiration dates on all medicines. Properly dispose of expired meds at a pharmacy or police station drop box. Don’t flush expired meds or throw them in the trash.
Understand Proper Usage
Read up on medications to ensure you’re taking them correctly to maximize benefits. For instance, some work better at certain times of the day or on an empty or full stomach.
Read Cautions Carefully
Re-read precautions, warnings, and potential side effects. These can change over time. Stay informed.
Compare prices at different pharmacies. Also, look into reputable mail-order options that may offer savings.
Seek Out Discounts
Consider Larger Quantities
See if your insurance covers 90-day supplies to save time and money.
By optimizing your medications, you can improve your health and save money. Stay engaged with your treatment plan.
- http://www.addrc. org/medication-management- strategies-addadhd/
- Mayo clinic: http://www.mayoclinic. org/
- iTriage: https://www. itriagehealth.com/
- Medscape: http://reference. medscape.com/
- How Good Are Generic Drugs? http://www.addrc.org/ how-good-are-generic-drugs/
- Patient ADHD Medication Evaluation Chart To Bring to Your Doctor: http://www.addrc.org/ patient-medication-evaluation- chart-to-bring-to-your-doctor/
- ADD/ADHD Prescription Assistance Programs: http://www.addrc. org/add-adhd-prescription- assistance-programs/
- Discount Prescriptions: http://www. addrc.org/discount- prescriptions/
- ADHD Parent Medication Guide: http://www.addrc.org/wp- content/uploads/2009/11/ ParentGuide20-20English.pdf
- Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage for Seniors (EPIC) Program: https://www.health. ny.gov/health_care/epic/
- CostPlus Drugs: https://costplusdrugs.com/
- SingleCare: https://www.singlecare.com/
- GoodRx: https://www.goodrx.com/
Harold Robert Meyer 10/3/2023
If you liked what you have just read, you will also like: How Do I Measure Whether Medication For ADHD is Working? (https://www.addrc.org/how-do-i-measure-whether-medication-for-adhd-is-working/)
Articles on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition.
This information may not be complete, accurate, or up-to-date, so be sure to speak with your
healthcare provider before taking any action.
Generative pretrained transformer may occasionally be used.
THE ADD RESOURCE CENTER – email@example.com
https://www.addrc.org/ – +1 646/205.8080
Local, National, and International